Wrong Fuel (Petrol in Diesel)
24/7 National Fuel Drain Service
Call FREE Now
0800 711 7172
Wrong Fuel Drain
Have you put Petrol in a Diesel Car?
Putting Petrol in a Diesel Car is one of the most common breakdown causes in the UK. With hundreds of thousands of call-outs every year in the UK alone it is a major problem for motorists. Wrong Fuel SOS was created to help motorists with any sort of misfueling emergency.
We are a leading Mobile Contaminated Fuel Retrieval Service. Our telephone operators and fuel drain technicians are available to help you with any misfueling situation 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
We have a fleet of technicians based at strategic points throughout the UK to ensure that we have full nationwide coverage and that our call-out times are second-to-none. Additionally they are all fully trained and experienced in dealing with all makes and models so you know your vehicle is in good hands.Click to Call
0800 711 7172
Wrong Fuel SOS
Mobile Fuel Drain Specialists: Nationwide: Forecourt, Roadside and Home Assist: 24/7.
How can we help?
For over a decade Wrong Fuel SoS has been helping motorists who have put the wrong fuel in their cars. We are firmly established as one of the oldest and most experienced Fuel Drain Services in the UK.
In 2013 we partnered up with Fuel Fixer Ltd to increase our ability to service our growing customer-base. This has enabled us to become THE front-runner in terms of standardising the industry. We are fully certified, insured and validated for our business. We hold PAS43, SPA Certification, Safe Contractor and a host of other certifications and credentials to show that we take our business, your vehicle, and Health & Safety very seriously.
Our roadside technicians are amongst the best in the business - in fact we often have competitors asking for us to deliver training courses for their employees.
Therefore you can be very sure that if you put the wrong fuel in your car, end up with contaminated fuel, or simply need the fuel drained from the vehicle, we are definitely the people to call. Our UK-based call-centre is always open - 24/7 - and we are ready and waiting to help.
Don't Fall foul of Rogue Traders ▼
The 3 things you NEED to know about Wrong Fuel!
Wrong fuel in your car? Petrol in a diesel engine?
If you've put the wrong fuel in your car, you’re not alone. The AA once stated that over 150,000 drivers put the wrong fuel in their car every year across the UK - That's over 400 a day!
Every single day we receive tonnes of calls from all over the UK from stranded motorists who have put the wrong fuel in their cars.
Some people advise that you might just be able to fill the car with the correct fuel and you could possibly get away with it. However our professional advice is always to have the contaminated fuel removed from your car as soon as possible. We have been in this business for well over a decade and can assure you that the only way to have complete peace of mind is to get the tank drained.
If you are not sure what to do and want advice about the wrong fuel in your car you call our UK-based call team to get the real answers. Please call us on 0800 711 7172 and we'll help you.
If you have accidentally put the wrong fuel in your car Wrong Fuel SOS will safely drain the wrong fuel from your car's fuel tank and dispose of the contaminated fuel in accordance with Environment Agency Health and Safety directives.
Important: Putting petrol in a diesel car is generally not a big problem, as long as you have it removed in a timely fashion. Usually the only problem it causes is lost time and an unfortunate call-out fee to get it fixed. If you’ve used the wrong fuel, try not to switch the engine on or put the key in the ignition. This can circulate the contamination around the entire fuel system, increasing the risk of causing damage.
If you have put petrol in a diesel car you should act quickly to get it rectified. The longer it is left in the vehicle the more time it has to corrode the rubber and plastic fuel lines and seals.
At Wrong Fuel SOS we offer the most comprehensive and quickest call-out nationwide fuel drain solution for people who have accidentally put the wrong fuel in their car.
CALL US NOW FOR IMMEDIATE WRONG FUEL ASSISTANCEClick to Call
0800 711 7172
Wrong Fuel SOS’ specially trained wrong fuel drain engineers can remove the wrong fuel from your car's fuel tank, and get you on your way again without any fuss, and as soon as possible. If you have put the wrong fuel in your car and are still sitting at the petrol station, or have driven the car for a short while on the wrong fuel, we can certainly help.
Wrong Fuel SOS’ specialist wrong fuel vans are fully equipped with the latest custom-built wrong fuel drainage equipment. This ensures our wrong fuel drain technicians can remove the wrong fuel from your tank in the fastest and safest way possible. Wrong Fuel SOS’ UK wrong fuel drain technicians are fully trained and insured to drain the wrong fuel out of all types of car, van and bike fuel systems. We are properly equipped to drain any vehicle that has been filled with the wrong fuel or contaminated fuel.
Once you have given your details to our UK-based emergency call handling team, your location and vehicle information will be dispatched directly to our nearest wrong fuel drain technician who will make his way over to you. You can then rest assured that the UK's premier wrong fuel drain specialists are on the way to drain the wrong or contaminated fuel from your tank and get you back on the road.
Our wrong fuel in car technicians will start by draining out the vehicle’s fuel tank. Once the fuel tank has been completely emptied of the incorrect fuel, the technician will address the fuel filter, lines and engine. He will remove the wrong fuel from the fuel filter, lines, injectors and common rail. Once this is complete and the wrong fuel has been removed, the technician usually will then prime the fuel system and get the engine started.
Our service takes, on average, about 20-40 minutes to complete. This usually involves draining the wrong fuel from your car's fuel tank, as well as clearing the fuel lines, and re-priming the system as needed.
We deal with all types of vehicles that have been filled with the wrong fuel: cars, vans, trucks, motorbikes, mopeds, boats, industrial and farm equipment. No wrong fuel job is too big or small. So if you've put the wrong fuel in your vehicle - whether it's petrol in a diesel car, diesel in a petrol car, water contamination, AdBlue, etc., we can help!
On that note: What should you do if you put AdBlue in your fuel tank?
Answer: Don't start the car or turn on the ignition – getting AdBlue out of a fuel tank is a fairly straight-forward process. However getting it out of the fuel lines and injectors is quite a different problem – and can be quite costly.
Wrong Fuel SOS
Call NOW for immediate help
Wrong Fuel Advice
- Petrol in a Diesel Car? Diesel in a Petrol Car? Wrong Fuel in Car?
- Don't start the engine (not even to move the car off the pump). Keeping the contaminated fuel in the tank and away from sensitive fuel system components will reduce the risk of damage to your vehicle.
- Call Wrong Fuel SOS now on
0800 711 7172.
- Get professional advice on what to do next. Our call operators are on hand 24/7 to help get you going again.
- If you have started the engine or driven the car, don't panic. Almost 99% of vehicles run on contaminated fuel can be fully cleaned out without any lasting effects.
For your convenience
- All major credit cards accepted
- 24 hour 365 day mobile service
- Environment Agency registered
- SPA trained technicians
- Fully insured and registered
- Nationwide Service
- Fuel supplied @ pump prices
- Calls may be recorded for quality and training purposes
How to find out if I put the wrong fuel in my car?
If you’ve just filled up at a petrol station and the cars starts to act a bit strange you might start to wonder if you accidentally put the wrong fuel in it.
Well, there are a few things to can check that will be able to tell you:
- How is the car responding? There are some very common misfuel symptoms which can be a good indicator of wrong fuel:
- Loss of engine power – can feel like the car has run out of fuel
- A lot of smoke (more than usual)
- Engine coughing or starting to splutter
- Won’t start – or keeps stalling.
- Look at your fuel receipt. It will state clearly if you filled up with diesel or unleaded. If you don’t have the receipt, you can often return to the petrol station where you filled up and give them the date and time (and pump) where you refuelled and they will often be able to give you a VA receipt.
- Smell it. Diesel and petrol have very distinctly different smells. Anyone familiar with the motor industry should be able to help you with this. Or you could even get another car to park alongside and smell the fuel caps of both, comparing them to determine what the fuel type is.
- Call us to come out and assess the car. In the majority of cases we will be able to tell if the car has been misfuelled before beginning work on it. If we discover that the vehicle does not need a fuel drain, you will only be charged a call-out fee.
We at Wrong Fuel SOS are only too happy to help. Give us a call if you have any questions.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Customer Rating
Wrong Fuel SOS is fully accredited and certified to carry out all types of fuel drains for the removal of contaminated fuel. To find out how we can help get you going again just give us a call.